A simple fact. The US is at its debt ceiling and Obama is seeking to send even more tax dollars up in smoke by bombing Libya. Any clown that finished primary school can see that the only immediate profit is to weapons manufacturers and dealers. The UK is bankrupt. Where is it getting the money from for its assault on Libya?
Things to remember. There is no bona fide justification for the European Union, the United States, a couple of Arab regimes and Canada's attack of Libya. Of 22 Arab Leaguers 9 voted to condone the Libya blitz. The African Union was ignored because it counselled mediation. The support for the insurgency is practically non existent. The nations blitzing Libya have gone so far beyond the UN regulations, the UN may as well not exist. Despite all the media razzamatazz and claims by politicians, the NTC is a rag insurgency supported by Al Qaeda in Maghreb and the Libya Islamic Fighting Group (AQIM, LIFG) that are outlawed terrorist groups, major battles are in fact skirmishes. Without the US and NATO bombing their path into Tripoli the world would never have heard of the illegal insurgency. Ostensibly to protect civilians the civilian kill count directly attributable to NATO and the US rises daily.
There have been 7 or more demands for a ceasefire including from the UN, the Pope, the latest from Libya TV in the morning saw NATO bombing Tripoli in the afternoon.
UK's Obama lite, Cameron - "It is for the Libyan people to choose."
Choose between blitz bombing and the NTC as the Libyan Islamic government. The bombing continues. The people have spoken.
(Cameron's speech here)
Tribal leaders support Gaddafi, propose ceasefire & amnesty Pentagon facade NATO says "GF". As of 21 May, Over 7,500 Flights, Nearly 3,000 Combat Missions, NATO Provokes Humanitarian Crisis By Bombing Tripoli Port, Canada Expends Hundreds Of Bombs, $300 Million On Libyan War.
From Nobel to Nobel: A letter to Barack Obama
‘How can you speak of human rights and the dignity of peoples when you perpetually violate them and block those who don’t share your ideology and must endure your abuses?’, asks 1980 Nobel Prize winner Adolfo Perez Esquivel in an open letter to US President Barack Obama.
The Obama Deception: Why Cornel West Went Ballistic
[...] We lose. And Obama becomes an obedient servant of the corporate elite in exchange for the hollow trappings of authority.No one grasps this tragic descent better than West, who did 65 campaign events for Obama, believed in the potential for change and was encouraged by the populist rhetoric of the Obama campaign. He now nurses, like many others who placed their faith in Obama, the anguish of the deceived, manipulated and betrayed. He bitterly describes Obama as “a black mascot of Wall Street oligarchs and a black puppet of corporate plutocrats. And now he has become head of the American killing machine and is proud of it.”
Congress Proposes Bill to Allow Worldwide War
Many are disgusted that Obama got us into a war in Libya without Congressional authorization.
But as the ACLU noted yesterday, Congress is going even further ... proposing handing permanent, world-wide war-making powers to the president - including the ability to make war within the United States
Watch: Obama accepts Nobel Peace Prize
War Powers: No Congressional Authorization Needed for ‘Limited’ Libyan Role
[...] A senior administration official told ABC News that the letter is intended to describe “a narrow US effort that is intermittent and principally an effort to support to support the ongoing NATO-led and UN-authorized civilian support mission and no fly zone.”
“The US role is one of support,” the official said, “and the kinetic pieces of that are intermittent.”
US jets make up around half of AQIM-LIFG's airforce, NATO. Kinetic jets, kinetic cruise missiles, kinetic submarines, kinetic Bush battle fleet, kinetic cash gifts to aid an illegal insurgency. Kinetic my arse. The assault on Libya is a joint Pentagon, CIA (humanitarian drones) operation with NATO that can't tie its bootlaces without Pentagon help as the facade.
Worldwide War Provision Makes Its Way Through Congress
(and People Thought the Patriot Act Was Bad)
Is this stain on US history legal? See the previous post here
What is it all about, what will installing a puppet government achieve?
Why Gaddafi Is Targeted
Previous articles explained that he wasn't fully on board, or put another way, "with the program." Specific reasons are explained below.
(1) He opted out of AFRICOM, one of nine global Pentagon commands, to control the Africa and the Mediterranean Basin, including its strategic energy transit routes and choke points, crucial to keep open for world economies. All African countries participate except Sudan, Zimbabwe, Ivory Coast, Eritrea, and Libya. He also backed an initiative to create a United States of Africa, whereas Washington wants easily exploitable divisions.
(2) Besides being ranked ninth in the world with 42 billion proved barrels of oil reserves (and large amounts of gas), its untapped potential is believed much greater. Moreover, being nearly sulfur-free, it's even more valued for its extremely high quality. At issue isn't access, it's control over who develops, produces and receives it in what amounts.
(3) In January 2009, Gaddafi wanted to nationalize Libyan oil, but his timetable faced internal resistance. According to Pravda.ru's March 25, 2011 article titled, "Reason for war? Gaddafi wanted to nationalise oil," he considered the option because of low oil prices at the time, saying:
"The oil-exporting countries should opt for nationalisation because of the rapid fall in oil prices. We must put the issue on the table and discuss it seriously. Oil should be owned by the State at this time, so we could better control prices by the increase
or decrease in production."
In February 2009, he asked for public support to distribute Libya's oil wealth directly to the people. However, senior officials feared losing their jobs "due to a parallel plan by Gaddafi to rid the state of corruption." He was also advised about the possibility of capital flight.
As a result, Libya's Popular Committee voted 468 - 64 to delay nationalization plans, even though a 251 majority viewed the change as positive.
Note: Gaddafi didn't consider how powerful insiders manipulate all markets up or down for profit, including oil, irrespective of demand. It's brazen fraud but goes on all the time, especially on Wall Street in collusion with Washington.
(4) Libya's Great Man-Made River (GMMR) is developing an ocean-sized aquifer beneath the desert for irrigation, human consumption, and other uses. At 2007 consumption rates, it could last 1,000 years. No wonder Gaddafi calls his Nubian Sandstone Aquifer System (NSAS) the "Eighth Wonder of the World."
At issue, of course, is the wish of the global elite to control water, privatizing it, making water unaffordable for many, perhaps most Libyans. In other words, neoliberal control will exploit it for maximum profits, not equitable use as a public resource.
(5) Ellen Brown's April 13 article titled, "Libya: All About Oil, or All About Banking?" raised another, easily overlooked, issue. Who controls Libya's money, the lifeblood of every economy? In 1970, Henry Kissinger said, "Control oil and you control nations. Control food and you control people." He neglected to add, control money and you control everything because without it economies collapse.
At issue is whether it's public or private like most nations, including America under the Federal Reserve that isn't federal and has no reserves as Ron Paul explains.
Under Gaddafi, "the Central Bank of Libya is 100% State owned." In other words, it creates its own money, the Libyan Dinar, interest free to be used productively for economic growth, not profits and bonuses for predatory bankers.
However, after Washington's led NATO intervention, the privately controlled Central Bank of Benghazi was established to let Western bankers, not Libyans, run things. Money control indeed appears an important reason for intervening, perhaps most
important of all.
(6) On April 24, Manlio Dinucci's Global Research article headlined, "Financial Heist of the Century: Confiscating Libya's Sovereign Wealth Funds (SWF)," saying:
Besides money, oil, gas, water, and other reasons, the "Libyan Investment Authority (LIA) manages" an estimated $70 billion, "rising to more than $150 billion (including) foreign investments of the Central Bank and other bodies. But it might be more."
Confiscation gives US/NATO interests easy money to use for their own purposes, no matter that doing so amounts to grand theft, an American/Western specialty in league with Wall Street and its European counterparts.
The USA has already confiscated $32 billion and 45 billion Euros, the former was starting capital for African projects, see below.
(7) Libya was central to Africa's independence, and cutting loose from foreign private central banks, as well as the ability to issue its own currency instead of that issued abroad, such as the CFA Franc. This too is the reason for the overthrow of Gbagbo in Ivory Coast.
After funding Africa's first and only communications satellite, saving Africa some $500 million annually, by paying $300 million with the remainder of the total one-off cost of $377 million, allowing the price of calls to and from Africa to drop drastically, Libya put aside $32 billion for a $42 billion African fund to launch a non-private African Central Bank (HQ in Nigeria), African Monetary Fund (HQ in Cameroon) and African Investment Bank (HQ in Libya).
Obama's administration has stolen the $32 billion, that would have launched this massive African fund this year, and allowed health, eduction and communication projects and infrastructure development all over Africa. This huge robbery is going unreported.
Additionally 45 billion Euros, and unknown other amounts of billions of Libya's money has been "confiscated" (stolen) in Europe.
(8) Qaddafi has been advocating a new "Gold Standard" and use of gold dinars instead of U.S. paper dollars, a plan that has won the support of much of Africa and the Muslim world, as it would provide real monetary wealth and value, rather than privately printed money from private central banks. The U.S. printing of paper dollars by a printing machine of the private central Federal Reserve Bank would become useless in its dealings with purchases of oil and other commodities from much of Africa
and Asia, and perhaps Latin America too.
(There's more, here)
The Pentagon's facade
NATO Continues Killing Spree in Africa And Asia
Gold plating bullshit does not make it a fact
Rebels fighting to overthrow Libya's Moammar Gadhafi are not Islamic fanatics, a European diplomat said as the EU prepares to open a liaison office in Benghazi. The diplomat, interviewed on condition of anonymity by the EUObserver Wednesday, said the rebels "are not a bunch of al-Qaida fanatics. There is an Islamic element in the politics of Libyan opposition at the moment, but it is a mild Islamic political trend, which is welcome and will have a role in the national dialogue which they envisage. Their focus is national. It's a liberation struggle," the diplomat said.
Why is FrUkUS helping the insurgents? It must be because FrUKUS gov'ts feel Libya needs more of this: example, example, example.
"Protecting civilians" is political speak for WMD.
Mr Gaddafi is a very good man. He stops all those naughty immigrants overcrowding Europe.
He destroyed his WMDs. Let's attack him for being an idiot.