?

Log in

No account? Create an account
 
 
16 August 2010 @ 09:56 pm
Disaster info, La Nina, etc.  
On the disinfo that is being circulated about the latest round of disasters, they are mainly due to the jet stream slowing down due to blocking. .
"Raging wildfires in western Russia have reportedly doubled average daily death rates in Moscow. Diluvial rains over northern Pakistan are surging south – the UN reports that 6 million have been affected by the resulting floods.
It now seems that these two apparently disconnected events have a common cause. They are linked to the heatwave that killed more than 60 in Japan, and the end of the warm spell in western Europe. The unusual weather in the US and Canada last month also has a similar cause.
According to meteorologists monitoring the atmosphere above the northern hemisphere, unusual holding patterns in the jet stream are to blame. As a result, weather systems sat still. Temperatures rocketed and rainfall reached extremes." More details: http://www.newscientist.com/article/mg20727730.101-frozen-jet-stream-links-pakistan-floods-russian-fires.html

And including China,
http://daveslandslideblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/update-on-china-and-pakistan-13th.html

What is blocking?
http://www.theweatherprediction.com/blocking/
Where NAO fits.
http://planetearth.nerc.ac.uk/features/story.aspx?id=146

Why now? It's caused by the Sun

ENSO Update
15 July 2010
Summary
Following the dissipation of the 2009/10 El Niño in early May 2010, a brief period of ENSO-neutral conditions was observed until mid-June, when weak La Niña conditions emerged. For the July-September season currently in progress, there is an approximately 80% probability for continuing La Niña conditions, and a 20% probability for returning neutral ENSO conditions. Probabilities for La Niña conditions continue at approximately 80% through the remainder of 2010.

Global Sea Surface Temperature Cooling Continues
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/08/03/global-sea-surface-temperature-cooling-continues/


Read about the graph at
http://www.drroyspencer.com/2010/08/july-2010-uah-global-temperature-update-0-49-deg-c/


Arctic Sea Ice News #16 Steve Goddard at WUWT
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/08/01/sea-ice-news-16/
Ice melts.

Official: Satellite Failure Means Decade of Global Warming Data Doubtful

http://www.climatechangefraud.com/climate-reports/7491-official-satellite-failure-means-decade-of-global-warming-data-doubtful
[...] NOAA has reported a succession of record warm temperatures in recent years based on such satellite readings but these may now all be undermined.
World-renowned Canadian climatologist, Dr. Timothy Ball, after casting his expert eye over the shocking findings concluded, “At best the entire incident indicates gross incompetence, at worst it indicates a deliberate attempt to create a temperature record that suits the political message of the day.”

Reading:

A new must read paper: McKitrick on GHCN and the quality of climate data
http://wattsupwiththat.com/2010/08/03/a-new-must-read-paper-mckitrick-on-ghcn-and-the-quality-of-climate-data/


Joining the dots, e.g. in Canada. About 30 mins to read if you aren't slow.
After (or before) reading this consider Ed de Rothschild's involvement.

The Environmental Movement in Alberta
By William Walter Kay http://ecofascism.com/article21.html
From the Intro
The environmental movement arose not in Alberta nor is it centered there. Albertan environmentalism is a colonial outpost with minimal local support.
Environmentalism is the confluence of several global forces. Firstly, there is the effort by metropoles to undermine hinterland development. From Europe’s perspective, most of the Earth is hinterland. The main North American metropole is the US Northeast. In Canada, the Toronto-Ottawa-Montreal corridor suppresses the West and North. Secondly, environmentalism is a campaign by regions poorly endowed with oil and coal to pry humanity away from these economical energy sources. Perpetrating this campaign are the metropoles (Europe, US Northeast, and central Canada). The main victim is the North American Midwest, Alberta in particular. Thirdly, environmentalism is the arch-conservative landed interest’s asphyxiation of economic liberalism, especially its smothering of open markets in land.